This is our first Itinerary that is published on this blog. I intend to write one itinerary a month with as much information as possible so that it can be referred by travelers for planning their travel. The primary focus will be on cost so that most of the readers can plan for these travels.
These Itineraries will be structured and will have similar layout for all the articles. If any of the readers have suggestions for improvement, they may drop in a comment below.
To begin with let us start with Singapore!
Singapore is also known as Asia’s Garden City or Tiger City. The country though small is pretty dense but thanks to its Greening Policy one can find plenty of Gardens and Forests in Singapore. During the visit one can speak in English, Malay, Huayu, Mandarin or Tamil languages. The official currency is Singapore Dollar (SGD or S$) and S$. 1 is approximately equal to Rs. 50. So while shopping one may feel its bit expensive and same will be the case for other nations where Rs is weaker.
When to Travel:
Singapore is a popular tourist destination and best time to visit is during Feb to April where the weather is quite pleasant and plenty of outdoor activities are available for tourists. Try avoiding during May and June as the mercury level soars due to summer. If you wish to visit during the monsoon then try going during November to January.
Approximate budget for a 3 Day trip including travel and accommodation and shopping when planned properly will be within 50,000.
Breakup for the same is given below:
- Visa : Approximately 2000 Rs (Can be applied through travel agent)
- Air Tickets – Return: Approximately Rs. 12,000 from Chennai/Tiruchinipalli/Kolkata when booked in advance.
- Hotel: Approximately Rs. 3,000-4,000 per day for 3 Star Category with Complimentary breakfast.
- Local Travel & Sight Seeing: Rs 10,000 (To cover prominent places of your choice).
- Shopping and Misc Expenses: Rs 15,000.
Places to Visit:
- Gardens by the bay: This is a beautiful garden which has flower dome and cloud forest which looks absolutely beautiful. There is also an amazing light show everyday at 7.45pm and 8.45pm. There is also a sky walk for which separate ticket needs to be purchased. Approximate price will be around Rs. 1500
- Universal Studios: Universal studios is a theme park on Sentosa Island. This park has 24 rides and other attractions which includes a pair of dueling coasters go past one another in several near misses and gives the riders a thrilling experience. The rides are awesome and some of the rides give you movie like experience. This is a must visit place for all adventure lovers. Approximate price will be around Rs. 3500.
- Sentosa Island: This is the most amazing place in Singapore which has collection of beaches, parks, shopping, hotels etc. Once can use Cable car to reach this place and is a amazing experience to cherish. Approximately Rs. 5000 to 10000 based on the places you wish to visit and things you shop. Universal Studios, Sea Aquarium, Cable Car, Sentosa Merlion , Zip Line, Dolphin Island, Water Sports etc are some of the activities which one can undertake here.
- Night Safari: This safari is a unique experience where one can observe over 1000+ animals during the night. The activity begins with a show Creatures of the Night which will give you a brief overview of the animals that can be seen at this park. This activity will cost you around Rs 3500.
- Night City Tour: The tour will be around Rs 3500 and will cover most of the places such as Botanical Garden, Supertree Grove, Marina Bay, Merlion Park, Lau Pa Sat Festival Village, the Flower Dome, Cloud Forest and Gardens by the Bay etc.
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum: The place is beautiful and worth visiting. The surrounding scenery adds value to nature lovers. This is located in China Town and there is no entry charge.
- China Town: There is a museum which exhibits of how people used to work and live in the old days. There are some wonderful architecture and buildings from the colonial days. One can even find good restaurant which serves good sea food. The shopping here is not very expensive.
- Jurong Bird Park: This is Asia’s largest bird park with 5000+ birds of over 400+ species. There are tropical lush vegetation within the park which is very beautiful and is worth a visit. Lory Loft is another highlight where one can feed these colorful birds through your hand. The High Flyers and Kings of the Skies shows some of the highlights of this Park. This activity will cost you around Rs 2500.
- Merlion Park: A huge 8.6 metres high and weighing 70 tonnes Merlion statue with a lion’s head and a fish’s body can be found here. This statue is probably the trade mark of Singapore and every traveler takes a photo besides this statue. This will be covered in Singapore Night City Tour.
- Singapore Flyer: Singapore Flyer one of world’s largest observation wheel. This Flyer is 150mt in diameter and 165mt in high, The wheel spins at a speed of 0.21m/sec. The experience on the flyer is amazing and one can virtually see whole of Singapore from the wheel. once you are on the flyer, you are able to see virtually the whole of Singapore.The tickets are bit expensive i.e around Rs 1500.
- Little India: This is a small area in Singapore where one can do shopping and have amazing Indian food. The place also has few mosques and temples. The market stays open 24×7 and the signs are mostly in Tamil.
Singapore is famous for consumer electronic, perfumes and garments. We have listed out few places where budget shopping can be done.
- Mustafa Centre: This is the only 24 Hours open shopping center is Singapore and is a paradise for night shoppers. Consumer electronics, perfumes, chocolates. clothing, fashion accessories etc can be purchased here.
- Lucky Plaza: This is probable only Shopping complex which is specifically targeted to budget shoppers. One can shop fashion accessories, perfumes etc from here.
- IMM Outlet Mal: This is a huge mall for shopping branded products at great discounts.
- Bugis Street, Anchorpoint Shopping Centre, Far East Plaz, City Plaza: These are another major shopping destination and is meant for clothing & apparels.
Hi friends, I love traveling and exploring new places. When I was going through my old travel photos I started to cherish my travel experiences. I wanted to share my experience with you. That is how i started this blog.! I hope you like my work.